Sunday, November 2, 2008

First Night


It's dark outside now as I lay in my tiny French bed in my tiny yellow room at the top of 6 flights of creaky stairs, looking at the dark shadow of the roof of the building across the street through tall, white molded windows. It is picturesque beyond description, though I'm sure I will have much much more to say when I finally get some rest after my crazy jaunt across the pond. I'm laying here exhausted and satisfied with the way things seem to have turned out-- Ray Lamontagne sings to me in the background and I'm just imagining all the fun that I will have here and how this cozy little room will become my home. I close my eyes and it feels good.

3 comments:

~Ash~ said...

Poetic!! My blog sucks already compared to this. Sounds like the room has a lot of character!

Amanda said...

Yay! I am so glad that you are there...Can't wait to here about the rest of your adventures dearie...
xoxo

Cheryl said...

Sounds great, Dani. I'll look forward to following your great adventures. You will do great things this year - it will be the experience of a lifetime. Enjoy!